55,000 houses built by Aquino Administration remain unoccupied - Our Daily Revelations PH

728x90 AdSpace

55,000 houses built by Aquino Administration remain unoccupied


Photo credit to ABS-CBN News
Out of all the housing units intended for government workers and marginal families that the Aquino Administration built during his term, about 55,000 houses remained vacant.
This, according to National Housing Authority (NHA) General Manager Marcelino Escalada in a statement with DZMM on Thursday, saying that of the 72,000 housing units built, only 18,000 have been occupied.

Escalada cited poorly – built structures made out of substandard materials, congested and remotely – located areas while also addressing issues on some housing units that do not have ample supply of electricity and potable water source.


Photo credit to GMA Network

Photo credit to newsportal.ph
The Housing Chief’s statement came a day after the urban poor coalition, Kalipunan ng Damayang Mahihirap (KADAMAY) charged towards another housing project units located in Rodriguez, Rizal, supposedly intended for the law enforcers and soldiers, in an attempt to TAKEOVER the units, claiming these were unoccupied. KADAMAY claimed that the government did NOTHING to address their demands for their right to shelter.
KADAMAY however, failed on their 2nd attempt to take over the Rizal units on Tuesday following successfully inhabiting housing project units in Pandi, Bulacan initially last year.

Meanwhile, members of the Montalban Homeless Association, a known KADAMAY Chapter, charged towards the La Solidaridad – Avilon Zoo housing project in yet another attempt to takeover and illegally possess the vacant units at the site. The police estimated about 100 people took part in the assembly while the group claimed there were 700 individuals who braved the site.


Photo credit to rmn.ph

Photo credit to Rappler
In a statement, Escalada said, “That is practically a violation of law if and when KADAMAY members will continue to occupy that without any authority at all.”

KADAMAY’s triumphant bargain in Pandi, Bulacan last year was uncalled for and later allowed by President Duterte while scouting for another housing project to benefit the deserving uniformed men and women of the Armed Forces.

A furious Duterte on Thursday however, said that KADAMAY members will no longer have their way and gave them until Friday noon, June 15, to vacate Rodriguez NHA housing project or otherwise face the wrath of the Philippine National Police (PNP), which have been authorized by the President to enforce all necessary actions only to prohibit KADAMAY from taking over government housing projects in the future.


Photo credit to rigobertotiglao.com

Photo credit to science.ph
Palace Spokesperson Harry Roque Jr. restated the President’s warning by telling KADAMAY that ‘they cannot take the law into their hands’.

In a Press briefing, Roque said, “Well, in the past, the President allowed Kadamay to occupy government housing project intended for soldiers in Pandi. But if you will recall, the President said that would be the first and the last.”

***

Disclaimer: The images on this blog are copyright of its respectful owners. Photographs are for illustration purposes only, we do not possess the photos and no copyright encroachment is expected. So, if the photos showing up on this blog belong to you and does not wish for it to appear on this site, please send us an email with the link of the image and it will be instantly removed from the page.

Source:  manilatimes.net
55,000 houses built by Aquino Administration remain unoccupied Reviewed by Unknown on June 15, 2018 Rating: 5 Photo credit to ABS-CBN News Out of all the housing units intended for government workers and marginal families that the Aquino Admini...

No comments: