MUST READ: Who's to Blame? Resorts World Manila's Security Personnel or the Philippine National Police - Our Daily Revelations PH

728x90 AdSpace

MUST READ: Who's to Blame? Resorts World Manila's Security Personnel or the Philippine National Police


37 Dead including the Gunman at Resorts World Tragedy. Original photo credits to owner.

A police official on Monday said 37 lives could have been saved if security personnel at the Resorts World Manila neutralized Jessie Carlos at the first sighting of the armed attacker.

"Ideal sana nito, the first sight na may intruder na ganyan, he should have been neutralized," Southern Police District chief Senior Superintendent Tomas Apolinario told Unang Balita in an interview.

May mali nga ba ang mga security ng resorts world? I'm not an expert sa mga ganitong bagay pero sa tingin ko may kulang nga talaga kasi isa lang naman ang kalaban. Pero hindi din naman natin sila masisisi kung nabigla ang mga security sa sitwasyon. Pero kung lagi silang handa maaring naagapan pa ito.- Just saying.

Apolinario said that since Carlos' criminal liability had been extinguished after killing himself following the attack, the National Capital Region Police Office's Special Investigation Task Group is now looking into the possible liability of Resorts World Manila.

"Ang probe ngayon ay naka-focus sa liabilities ng people or group of company," he said.
Apolinario said they are specifically looking at how the security team of the posh resort hotel reacted to the incident.

He said they are considering testimonies from witnesses and recordings of the hotel's CCTV cameras in their investigation.

He added that security personnel at the posh resort hotel could have also thought that there were several attackers because some people running out from the casino area were heard shouting "ISIS, ISIS!"

"But then again tingnan natin ang sitwasyon, anong hawak ng intruder, nakamahaba ba? The first chance na nakita siya everybody thought it was ISIS.. Akala nila marami," he added.

He said it was clear from the CCTV camera recordings that Carlos was not hiding his firearm.

In one CCTV camera footage, a lady guard was seen attempting to prevent the already armed Carlos from entering the casino area.

The lady guard, however, was later seen in the footage running out of the casino area, along with other people.

Other footage also showed Carlos alighting from a taxi cab and taking an elevator, where he put on a mask.

Apolinario said Carlos was already in "full battle gear" when he entered the Resorts World Manila's premises.

"Bago pumasok sa casino o sa mall mismo nakasuot na siya ng full battle gear niya. Kumbaga pinasok niya kaagad," he said.

Watch the footage in this 24 Oras report.



Carlos, a casino gambling addict and discharged employee of the Department of Finance, poured gasoline and torched gaming tables at the casino area.

He was also able to take P113 million worth of casino chips and enter one of the rooms of the hotel, where he torched and shot himself.

Thirty-seven other people died in the incident, mostly due to suffocation.

Source: GMA News

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news/metro/613263/resorts-world-tragedy-could-have-been-prevented-if-attacker-immediately-neutralized-pnp-official/story/?just_in

MUST READ: Who's to Blame? Resorts World Manila's Security Personnel or the Philippine National Police Reviewed by Unknown on June 04, 2017 Rating: 5 37 Dead including the Gunman at Resorts World Tragedy. Original photo credits to owner. A police official on Monday said 37 lives c...

No comments: